We saw this and immediately wanted to help. Hopefully, when you see this, you'll feel the same. The Hexo camera is part of a small group of new drones that use an app to follow you as you move. Check out the kickstart and help these guys out.Donate to the HEXO+ on kickstarter RIGHT HERE
This is what they had to say...
We initially began thinking about HEXO+ because we needed a solution that would make aerial filming possible in the most remote places: on mountains, in the snow, and in all sorts of unpredictable situations that were quite a pain to deal with when trying to sync a drone pilot, a cameraman and a rider.
When we started toying with the idea, we realized that it had the potential to change the face of all kinds of aerial filming, making it dead simple. So we combined our expertise in action-sports movie-making, drone design and aeronautic software to create a drone capable of autonomously flying, filming and following, giving you access to amazing aerial shots with the bare minimum: a drone, a camera and an app on your smartphone.
HEXO+ is just that – an intelligent aerial follow camera: no pilot, no cameraman, no headache.
- Easy to use: set the framing on your smartphone and lock your target, the drone does the rest; from auto take-off to auto landing.
- Smart and autonomous: no remote control necessary; HEXO+ automatically follows your movements to maintain the framing you defined.
- Designed for action: lightweight, foldable frame and legs, removable propellers and gimbal to fit in a backpack.
- Extra fast flight: up to 70 km/h - 45 mph top speed to track even the fastest subject. Wind tunnel tested for improved aerodynamics.
- Extra stable: hexacopter design and 2D brushless gimbal to ensure vibration-free, smooth filming.
- Safe: Fail-safe software features and six propellers mean a safe landing in case of a problem.
- GoPro compatible mount: built for the best action camera out there.