IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT CONTOUR HAS CLOSED THE DOORS OF IT'S HQ. THIS IS TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE AS GOPRO OWNS 82% OF THE MARKET AS THIS IS BEING TYPED. IT IS FOR THIS REASON THAT WE MUST TELL YOU THAT YOUR ONLY RELIABLE OPTION IS TO GO WITH A GO PRO SIMPLY BASED OFF THE FACT THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARRANTIES WILL ALWAYS BE THERE. HOWEVER, IF YOU WANT THE BEST DEALS...MAYBE A CONTOUR WONT BE SO EXPENSIVE. GOOD LUCK WITH WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.
The Wi-Fi enabled HERO3: Black Edition is the most advanced GoPro, ever. No expense was spared during its development, resulting in a GoPro that is 30% smaller, 25% lighter and 2x more powerful than previous models. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197' (60m), capable of capturing ultra-wide 1440p 48fps, 1080p 60 fps and 720p 120 fps video and 12MP photos at a rate of 30 photos per second, the HERO3: Black Edition is the world's most versatile camera. Built-in Wi-Fi, GoPro App compatibility and the included Wi-Fi Remote (normally a separate $79.99 accessory) make the HERO3: Black Edition all the more versatile, still.
- Wearable, mountable design
- Immersive, wide angle capture of your favorite activities
- Professional quality HD video & 12MP photos
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables remote control via included Wi-Fi Remote or video preview and remote control on smartphones and tablets running the free GoPro app.
- Rugged housing is waterproof to 197’/60M and captures sharp images above and below water
- Compatible with all GoPro mounts for attaching to gear, body, helmets, vehicles and more
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac™ and second generation Battery BacPac™
- Backwards compatible with older generation BacPacs™
- New advanced camera settings: Looping video, Continuous Photo, Manual White Balance control, Protune Mode, allows to shoot photos while recording video and more.
- Professional 4K Cinema 15 fps / 2.7K cinema 30 fps / 1440p 48 fps / 1080p 60 fps / 960p 100 fps /720p 120 fps and more video capture
- 12MP photo capture with 30 fps burst
- Wi-Fi Built-In
- Wi-Fi Remote Compatible (included)
- GoPro App Compatible (FREE)
- 197’/ 60m Waterproof Housing*
- Assorted mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear and more
Compare prices for the Go Pro from all our favorite shops here:
Find GoPro Accessories Here!
If you are thinking of getting the GoPro, learn how to enhance your camera angles with this article:
The Contour+2 is the next evolution in action video. Designed by professionals, but simple enough for the everyday user, the Contour+2 will inspire you to share new perspectives. Never miss another moment waiting for your camera to turn on. The CONTOUR power/record switch is one of a kind. When you slide the switch forward the camera turns on and begins recording. This means your camera is never draining the battery in standby mode. The Contour+2 also allows users to lock the switch in either the ‘off’ or ‘on’ position.
Standard on all cameras is a 270° rotating lens, 1/4”-20 tripod threads, Contour T Rail mounting system. These features ensure you can mount your camera virtually anywhere and always get the best shot. The Contour+2 also fits great right in the palm of your hand for easy hand-held shots. Hold your breath and go down deep. The Contour+2 ships in a waterproof case rated to a depth of 60 meters. If you’re not planning to submerge your Contour+2 have no worries. The camera is built with a bomber aluminum body and is highly water resistant, perfect for rainy bike rides or any type of snow shredding.Framing your shot and adjusting your camera settings has never been easier. The wireless bluetooth app for iPhone and Android devices is simple to setup and now features are remote control start/stop record button.
Do you ever wonder how fast you were going? With the Contour+2 you will know. Unique to the Contour+2 is GPS data. Capture your speed, elevation, distance and location. If you’re not using the GPS simply use the app to turn the feature off and extend your battery life. Take your filming to the next level with additional accessories. The Contour+2 is equipped with external mic and HDMI output. Get the perfect shot every time. The built-in laser beam is activated with the status button on the back of the camera. When pushed the laser will help make sure your camera is lined up just the way you want.
- Full HD - 1920 x 1080 @ 30/25fps
- Tall HD - 1280 x 960 @ 30/25fps
- Action HD - 1280 x 720 @ 60/50 or 30/25fps
- Slow Motion - 854 x 480 @ 120/100, 60/50, or 30/25fps
- Photo Mode: Every 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, or 60 sec
Compare prices for the Contour +2 HD from all our favorite shops here:
Bottom line is that both choices are amazing. It basically comes down to what makes sense for the situation you're using it for. Our advice is that the GoPro doesn't have the aerodynamics of the other two cameras and that is where you'll find a quieter sound from the Contour camera. Get the GoPro if you're using it inside a car. If you're using it on a helmet get one of the other two. If you are comfortable using your iPhone in the situation you're in then get the Contour +2 HD.